A note to Blue Moon clients about the Corona virus pandemic…
Like so many small businesses, we are scrambling to deal with the consequences of all that is happening around us. More unknowns than knowns. Here is how we are dealing with this:
Some disease facts:
- The virus is spread via respiratory ejections
- No evidence exists that it is transmissible via food
- The virus can live for up to 3 days on hard surfaces, but its virulence under these conditions is not known. To date there is no evidence of anyone contracting the disease in this manner. The World Health Organization recommends high levels of sanitation on all surfaces touched regularly
We are staying flexible, helpful, and proactive in dealing with the issues they face, and are doing our best to say “yes” to whatever makes sense for them
Our goal here is to keep our clients and our staff safe. Here are the measures we have taken:
- All staff washes hands hourly
- We use hand sanitizer when handwashing is not possible
- We cover coughs and sneezes. We have boxes of tissues everywhere
- We are attempting to maintain a 6+ foot personal bubble
- We sanitize work stations between all recipe production (we’ve always done this anyway)
- Daily sanitization of every surface in our facility that is commonly touched by hands…door handles, light switches, faucets, etc.
- All sanitizing chemicals used are on the EPA’s list of chemicals known to kill this virus
- Employees showing symptoms are to stay home (happily…none to date)
Like so many small businesses, our revenues have been drastically cut. We are in “hunker-down” mode on spending, but are committed to preventing our staff from bearing too much pain. We are planning no layoffs…but rather modestly reduced schedules. We have adequate cash reserves to withstand all this for a time…but not indefinitely.
In the meantime, we are staying busy by working on a lot of projects to make us better for the future.Also, we have created a new business model…called Blue Moon at Home…simple delicious (and safe) meals for pick-up or delivery. Please check it out here.